February 11, 2013

Folio

My portfolio box just arrived from Process Supplies London -  http://www.processuk.net/

I decided to buy an 8x10 portfolio box, and not go for a print box.
I found that from previous experience the print box tends to be more difficult to look at as you have to take the prints out of the box in order to see them, whereas a portfolio box opens to ones side, and you can slide the images into the lid to be viewed.

I will make sure all my prints are printed at 8x10 and no smaller to ensure they do not slide around in the box. I decided on an 8x10 size box as alot of my photographs will be printed from negatives on the digital enlarger, and when printing any bigger than 10x12, the images can start to pixelate.

With the 8x10 box i got the option to have the depth at 37mm or 65mm
I decided on 65mm, which I am now thinking may be to deep, but at the time and now still I am not sure how many prints I will be putting in the box. It was a 'rather be safe than sorry' situation.

The box itself at 8x10 with a depth of 65mm cost £38.50, but after VAT and postage the final cost was close to £50. Pricey!

Although I could have shopped around a bit more when trying to find a print or portfolio box, I am glad that I chose Process Supplies London as I know that the price I paid is for the quality of the product, which is the most important part for me in this case.

Now I just need to start scanning, resizing and printing my photos to go into the box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment