February 10, 2013

Constructing Narratives

Here are some of the images taken from my Constructing Narrative Module.
They will form the basis to my website when it is designed.
 
 
 
 
The images are based on the Essex Murders which accured in the late 90's. I used a newspaper archieve in Suffolk to dig out the articles realted to these murders. My plan was to hang the whole newspaper pages for my final project, but once I had experimented I found that the images looked much nicer when they were blown up without the text. The images contain detailed patterns from the pixels and grain as they went from being tiny passport size photographs, to 16x20 prints. The patterns then created my project, over the story I was focusing on in the first place.

 
This has been one of my favourite projects so far. I found the project difficult simply because I was not taking any images, just scanning in found imagery and printing them off. Although I was unsure on this idea at first I soon realised that it didn't matter whether the photographs were mine or not, because the idea was.
These images will become a main focus on my website once it is created, not only because I enjoyed the project the most, but because so far out of all of my projects this one has given me the most feeback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment